Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Stop Hating on Vocaloid!

I have been listening to Vocaloid a lot this week because... well, I'm just tired of the same old songs being played.

I know some people don't like the fact that people (like myself) listen to computer voices. I always thought that Vocaloid isn't bad but I shouldn't get too used to it but then I saw at two amazing comments:

    • pinkpetalpearl 
      people say that vocaloid is stupid because the singers are fake and computer made.i say that the English they listen to is auto-tuned as crap
  • ocwkuro 
    we have computers that sound halfway human, we have humans that sound halfway computer in the end there is no difference in what they sound like
    personally, I have more respect for the human-sounding computers since it is much harder to do
They are right. :) There's music that's autotuned and music created by computers. 

You have no idea how much I hate autotune. It takes away the human's true voice. Even if the singer is bad, it's better for them to learn to sing better than to use computers to alternate their voice. With auto-tune, it makes the human sound "halfway computer."

Vocaloids are computers that generate human-like voices. It's not a real voice but it's close to one. Sure, it might be wrong to use computers to create human-like voices, but which is more wrong? Using computers to create human voices or using computers to change human voices?

I personally feel that changing the human voice is worse than creating human voice. Why? Well, if you generate, then it gives it a more electronic sound (which is okay because it is a voice of a computer program) but if you alternate it, you are making a real human voice sound electronic, which makes it less natural. 

I've also started to love Vocaloid because the songs are so much better than the pop songs now. Sure, with Vocaloid it's in Japanese but the message/lyrics are so much better than current pop songs. If you read the translation for most of the songs, then you'll see that the songs mean so much more than partying. Plus, the songs are a lot more creative with their messages.

Rolling Girl: One of the best
Vocaloid songs
I mean, Miley Cyrus's "We Can't Stop" is on the top of the charts recently. What is it all about? Partying and doing drugs. I mean, many popular songs are negative influences. (I'm not saying all are.) Then there's Vocaloid, with many songs about suffering and getting back up. They are also about life and how you should enjoy it.

I dunno. I guess there's some things about pop music and Vocaloid that I like and dislike. I really wish haters would at least consider Vocaloid with pop music before opening their mouths. If you listen to some of the Vocaloid songs carefully, you might feel that it's better than normal pop music.

Well, thanks for reading this rant.
♥Petpet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about the post? Comment and let me know! We always love to hear some feedback!

Singing Hatsune Miku