Monday, December 23, 2013

Winter Break!

Don't worry. I didn't forget about my promise.

I've just been so busy with Christmas shopping, doing housework, and other things that I haven't had the time to actually sit at my computer and type up something until now... when it's almost 12PM. (Hooray for Christmas preparations! Making me as busy as ever.) Although it is probably December 24th in majority of the time zones... But it's still the 23rd for me, so it counts!

At this point, I am so glad to not have school. I mean, my last week of school was just one word: TESTS. In almost every single one of my classes, I had an assessment (which was a test or project of some sort) before the end of break. It is really stressful to have to worry about Christmas, piano, and 8+ different assessments in one week. While other schools are watching fun holiday themed movies and just chilling, I get work in all of my classes. I didn't get to watch any movie or play any games. I just sat in a classroom, taking tests and such.

Friday wasn't all that stressful but everyone was hoping that school would be cancelled since it was a day before the break started. We had a big snow storm on Thursday so everyone was hoping there would be enough snow the next day (Friday) so we could just not go to school. Sadly, the snow stopped all of Friday and decided to come back on Saturday instead. Even though we didn't do much on Friday, I'm kinda glad I went to school.

Boy's Drill Team performed these girl's dance to
"Jingle Bell Rock."
There was an assembly at the end of the school day (which majority of the seniors and juniors left) that was just a school holiday concert. The band, concert choir, bell choir, and dance company performed for different segments of the assembly. There was a lot of laughing as the student body officers tried to raise as much money as possible for our school fundraiser. It was just a fun assembly to get everyone into the holiday spirit and a "Happy Holidays from Your High School!" I have to say, my favorite part of the whole assembly was when the "Boy's Drill Team" performed. (The "team" is just the male student body officers making fun of the girl's drill team.) Their Christmas performance was very amazing. Not only did they do some choreography from "This is Halloween" from The Night Before Christmas but they also performed "Jingle Bell Rock" from Mean Girls. They didn't have the dresses but the red short-shorts, red snowman t-shirt, and black panty hose was good enough to make it memorable.

Hopefully things will calm down a bit after Christmas because right now, my winter break has been crazy hectic (even without school.) I hope you are all having a nice winter break as well!
♥Petpet
Pictures belong to rightful owner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about the post? Comment and let me know! We always love to hear some feedback!

Singing Hatsune Miku