Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Little Sonnet by Me

I had to write a sonnet for English class. I finished it and I am so proud of myself that I'm going to share it. (Why not?)

It's a Shakespearean Sonnet so it's in iambic pentameter, 14 lines, and follows the specific rhyme scheme (ABAB, CDCD, EFEF, GG.) Let me tell you, writing in iambic pentameter is a very tedious thing to do! It took me forever to get the "stressed" and "unstressed" syllables just right. This is why Shakespeare is a genius. I had to use the dictionary and thesaurus to write my sonnet... He only had his writing skills.

Anyways, here's my sonnet! (It's based off of the anime/manga Angel Beats! so if you've watched it, you can probably relate to it better.)

Faith is unfair
Our past lives ended brutal and unjust.
We lived for a short time, lives incomplete.
Our bodies altered to debris and dust
The past left us with nothing but defeat

We were alive without a goal in life
Then we found something priceless to protect:
Career, loved ones, band, music, future wife.
But death came before things could take effect

We can't move on because of our regrets
Faith is unkind to steal our dreams away
She took our wish; a crime we can't forget. 
Is it wrong to say that we were betrayed?

Faith is not always kind, for she's unfair

And all she did was put us in despair.

--Petpet Wing

This is probably one of the deepest piece of writing I have wrote in a while... All I hope is that I get a good grade on it. (Even if I don't, I'll still be proud of it!)

I think this turned out so well because I was trying hard to add the characters of Angel Beats! into my sonnet. I really wanted to express their feelings about their previous lives. Their emotions are so strong that I could somehow connect with them.

If you haven't watched Angel Beats!, you need to. I promise you, it changes your life...
♥Petpet

1 comment:

  1. AngelBeats! is the stuff!! I haven't been able to watch it in a while though because on Youtube they don't have certain episodes and it's...ugh.
    But anywhoo~

    Shiina is so me. Just saying.,..

    N~

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say about the post? Comment and let me know! We always love to hear some feedback!

Singing Hatsune Miku