Friday, December 23, 2011

Book Review #6: Flipped

I just recently finished the book, Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen. I really loved it even though I already knew most of the story. It's a story about love, forgiveness, and friendship. Who knew what a tree, chicken eggs, a yard, and baskets could do to Juli Baker and Bryce Lowski?

This is a perfect book for teens or matured kids that like conflict and real-life situations. It's a "He said, She said," type of book so that means that the narrator is different for each chapter. I really liked that style because it give a point of view for both Juli and Bryce.

Juli Baker... a girl that has lived in the neighborhood since she was born. When she first saw Bryce, she just Flipped. "It was something about those eyes," those blue eyes. Someday, she'd hope for that first kiss with Bryce Lowski.

Bryce... a boy that moved in and a girl already started liking him. Juli would not leave him alone! After years of avoiding her, it was time to take action. Then, they both flip... what could've caused Juli Baker to stop the chase and for Bryce to start it? Read the book to find out!

In 2010, a movie was made that was based off of this novel. So, I found out about the movie before the book but suprisingly, it was really similar which I liked since many novel based movies get the story incorrect. (Percy Jackson would be an example...) I really enjoyed the movie as much as the book! For more information about the movie, visit this link.

Happy Reading! I hope you "Flipped" for this book and movie just like I did!
♥Petpet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about the post? Comment and let me know! We always love to hear some feedback!

Singing Hatsune Miku