Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring is Here... And so is a Creepy Cow!

Before you question my other half of the title... it's spring!

I don't know how much of a difference it makes that it's "officially" spring, because our year's weather is just insane. I mean, in February it only snowed about 3 times when it snowed almost everyday 5 years before. Even if we don't get snow, it's common to have lots of rainstorms. The first day of spring feels more like the middle of spring. This is all because of global climate change and I'm not liking it.

Now that it's spring though, I'm hoping to see lots of plants growing now! I really love spring for its colors and blossoms... What I don't like is the pollen though. I shall suffer from a stuffy nose to see the beautiful flowers bloom though.
As a celebration of spring, a conservative garden park/center near my house was having a charity event. They invited a whole bunch of stores and restaurants to come to the center and give out free food. Their goal was to raise $1,000,000 so they wanted as many people to come and take interest in the park and charity event.

Well, one of the sponsors was Chick-Fil-A. When there's Chick-Fil-A, there's going to be cows. These two cows were out causing trouble the whole night:
Of course, they made the kids happy and made the event more fun, but I honestly was a little uncomfortable with them... Especially the one in the red. Why? Well, for about the hour we were at the event, the cow came behind me and just put its face right in front of mine. This didn't happen once. NO. It happened about 6 times. At that point, I was just really wondering who was in that costume. Is if possible that the cow was flirting with me?! I don't even know any more!  Honestly, you shouldn't come up to the same people multiple times and messing with them. That just makes them/me suspicious.

I already have trust issues with chickens and now I have to avoid cows too? (Apparently, my cousins think they are trying to murder me or something of the sort.) Stop it meat products! I never did anything horrible so just leave me alone!

Hopefully, this never happens to me again.
♥Petpet

*I do not own any of these pictures, they belong to their rightful owner

2 comments:

  1. I think we were the ones to get all the snow this year. I definitely had to do a lot of shoveling! I do like snow, both because it is pretty to look at and fun to play in...but I don't like the shoveling. That's okay though. Although your winter this year was warm, we had one of the coldest winters on record. For the first time since my family and I moved to Virginia, our temperatures dipped down to 5 degrees Fahrenheit at night more than just a few times, and for the first time we saw the thermometer drop below 0 degrees Fahrenheit. (Our previous lowest temperature was 5 degrees Fahrenheit; now it's -1 degrees.) In fact it got soooo cold that we heard (and felt!) a rare phenomenon called "cryosiesms," "cold booms," or "frost quakes" that literally sounded like pops, miniature explosions, and large, distant explosions. The bigger ones even shook the house! Here's an short article about them: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/01/07/a-cool-weather-phenomenon-that-only-happens-when-its-cold/. They are kinda cool if you know what's going on but quite scary if you don't. I originally assumed our deck was expanding in the cold (and I still have to wonder if that's where some of the pops came from). This occurred because we got three or four "polar vortices" that swept frigid air down from the polar circle. Did the polar vortices affect you at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I can agree with the shoveling. My dad does it most of the time but I help and it's not that fun. It's interesting how you can such a cold winter when I got such a warm winter. We see temperatures go low in January but there was not enough snow and got warm extremely fast in February. I've never heard of "cryoseisms" but they seem so cool! I didn't really know if the polar vortices affected me at all so I looked it up. Looks like most of the west wasn't affected by the polar vortices. Even if we were, it wouldn't have made too much of a difference in my state, because we are used to such cold weather.

      Delete

Have something to say about the post? Comment and let me know! We always love to hear some feedback!

Singing Hatsune Miku